Installing a new bathroom can be an exciting yet daunting project, but just how much does B&Q charge to fit a bathroom?
With so many options for fixtures, finishes and layouts, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
That’s where B&Q’s bathroom installation services come in handy.
How Much Do B&Q Charge to Fit a Bathroom?
For a standard bathroom fitting, B&Q charges around £200-£500 for basic labour.
More complex installations with tiling, re-plumbing, and electrical work can cost £2,000-£4,000 on average.
The final price depends on the bathroom’s size, layout, and chosen fixtures.
Read on to learn how much B&Q charges to fit a bathroom.
For a standard bathroom installation, B&Q’s labour fees seem to average £200-500 based on the limited plumbing work needed.
More complex jobs with tiling and electrical cost in the thousands.
The bathroom’s size and layout determine the final price.
B&Q Bathroom Installation Cost Breakdown
B&Q offers three tiers of bathroom installation packages – Essential, Classic, and Luxury. Prices start from £3,500 for a small essential bathroom up to £7,500 for a larger luxury bathroom.
Each package includes:
- Essential – Basic installation of toilet, basin, bath and shower. Tile walls and vinyl floor.
- Classic – Installation plus tongue and groove panel walls and tile flooring.
- Luxury – Installation with luxury fixtures, tile walls and floors, underfloor heating.
On top of the package costs, you’ll need to factor in:
- Fixtures and fittings – Prices vary widely based on your choices.
- Removal of old bathroom – £500-£1,000 depending on how much needs removing.
- Any electrical or plumbing work – B&Q can arrange certified electricians and plumbers.
To give you a better idea, here’s a rough cost breakdown for a medium-sized family bathroom:
- Classic package – £5,000
- Toilet/basin/bath/shower – £2,000
- Tile flooring – £500
- Removal of old bathroom – £750
- Electrical (new lighting, extractor fan etc.) – £500
- Total = Approximately £8,750
B&Q offers 0% finance plans to help spread the costs over 12-24 months. Their installation teams are Trading Standards approved and work is guaranteed for 2 years. Overall, B&Q takes the hassle out of bathroom fitting so you can relax and enjoy the finished results!
Factors Affecting B&Q Bathroom Fitting Charges
How much do B&Q charge to fit a bathroom? The cost of having B&Q install your new bathroom can vary quite a bit based on several factors:
- Size – Small bathrooms under 6 sqm start from £3,500, larger bathrooms over 10 sqm can cost over £7,000.
- Package tier – Upgrades from Essential to Classic or Luxury add costs for higher quality materials and fixtures.
- Level of customization – Opting for bespoke tile designs, underfloor heating, integrated TVs etc. increases costs.
- Location – Installation in London and the South East is typically 10-15% more than other regions.
- Removal fees – Prices for ripping out existing bathroom start from £500 but add £150-£300 for removing tiles.
- Contingency – Allow 10-15% extra for any unknowns or issues once work begins.
When getting a quote, be sure to get a detailed breakdown so you know what is included. B&Q provides an online cost calculator to estimate prices for your particular bathroom design and location.
While B&Q’s fitting services may cost more than an independent installer, you are paying for their expertise, quality assurances, and peace of mind that everything will be handled for you. For many homeowners, the convenience is well worth the extra expense.
B&Q Installation Services Offered
B&Q provides end-to-end project management for bathroom installations. Their services include:
- Consultation – B&Q designers will assess your space, needs and budget to recommend products and layouts.
- Planning – They handle all the details like securing permits, scheduling contractors and ordering materials.
- Removal – Existing bathrooms are safely ripped out and disposed of.
- Installation – The new bathroom is fully fitted and connected by qualified professionals.
- Finishing – Wall tiling, flooring, lighting, accessories and cabinets completed.
- Inspection – B&Q checks the finished bathroom meets quality standards.
- Warranty – Installations come with a 12-month guarantee for peace of mind.
By having B&Q manage everything, you avoid the hassles of finding reputable contractors, coordinating schedules and handling problems. Their experienced team oversees the project from start to finish.
An end-to-end service ensures your new B&Q bathroom is designed for your needs, properly installed and functions as intended. Paying more for their expertise is often worth avoiding headaches down the road.
Saving Money on B&Q Bathroom Installation
While convenient, B&Q’s full-service bathroom installations can get pricey. Here are some tips to lower costs:
- Get quotes – Compare B&Q’s quote against independent contractors to see if DIY coordination saves money.
- Use existing layout – Keeping the current bathroom layout avoids plumbing work and tile repairs.
- Install yourself – Doing the decorating and accessory work saves on labour fees.
- Avoid moving fixtures – Moving the toilet, tub or radiator adds complexity and costs.
- Buy clearance items – Check for discounted displays or discontinued baths, sinks, etc.
- Use basic finishes – Standard white suites and plain tile reduce supply expenses.
- Visit the outlet – The Special Buy store has overstock fixtures at a discount.
Even using some of these tips yields significant savings on your B&Q bathroom installation. Balance cost savings against the convenience of their full service. For major renovations, the difference may be worth it.
With strategic planning, you can lower the cost of a new B&Q bathroom without sacrificing quality. Speak to their designers about where you are flexible on products and layout.
B&Q Bathroom Installation Tips
Installing a new bathroom can be daunting, but B&Q makes it easier. Here are some tips to ensure your bathroom installation goes smoothly:
- Measure carefully – Accurate measurements ensure everything fits together properly. B&Q offers an in-home measuring service.
- Create a plan – Know where all fixtures and pipes will go to avoid issues once work starts.
- Prepare the room – Remove old fixtures, flooring and wall coverings to start with a blank canvas.
- Schedule deliveries – Have all materials onsite so work is not delayed waiting for items.
- Keep the space clean – Daily cleanup helps avoid pipe and tile grout issues.
- Inspect regularly – Check work at each stage to catch any problems early.
- Seal the room – Caulk along sinks, tubs and tile to prevent leaks and water damage.
The key is proper planning and preparation. Know your layout, order everything ahead of time and keep the space clean. Also, inspect the work thoroughly throughout the process. Taking these steps helps ensure your B&Q bathroom installation goes as smoothly as possible.
B&Q has extensive experience with bathroom installations. Leverage their expertise by working closely with their designers and installers. Ask questions and have them walk you through each stage. With B&Q’s help, your new bathroom will be installed properly the first time.
When it comes to fitting a bathroom, B&Q offers installation services starting from around £200 for a basic sink and toilet fitting. More complex bathroom installations with tiling, plumbing and electrics can cost £2,000-£4,000 on average. Key factors determining the cost include the bathroom’s size, layout and fixtures.